Optimized pipe and string designs
FuchsRohr® AluDrill™ is available in internal and external upset pipe geometries with various types of tool joint to provide maximum strength-to-weight improved hydraulics and highest tensile/torque. Optimized string performance can be achieved by putting aluminum in areas with high frictional and drag forces and placing steel pipe where the highest torque, compression and tensile loads occur. A mixed aluminum and steel string can reduce overall string torque, drag, side forces, weight and can even reduce buckling in your steel string section when the overall string design is done properly.
- Increased reach and rate of penetration
- Reduced deck weight
- Increased over-pull margin
- Reduced total string stretch and improved steering
- Easier pipe handling with reduced impact forces for more safety
- Reduced bending and side forces allow more flexibility for freeing stuck pipe
- Reduced string and casing wear
By increasing the rate of penetration for drilling operations and by increasing reach for existing rig, the savings achieved by FuchsRohr® AluDrill™ can quickly recoup your investment.
- Extended cantilever reach of drilling deck to reach existing slots saves 2 days of rig down time at $ 500,000 per day for total $ 1 million savings.
- ADP in lower section of 3D well increases ROP 15%. Typical 30 drilling days reduced by 15% saves 4.5 days at $ 500,000 per day for total $ 2.25 million savings
- Total savings of $ 1mio from reduced down time and $ 2.25 million from increased ROP for total $ 3.25 million.
- Summation: $ 1.5 mio investment in 3 km FuchsRohr® AluDrill™ string nets a 216 % payback on one well for savings of $3.25 million.
* Only an example. Exact savings will depend on particular conditions, costs and objectives